Identify Obstacles and Eliminate Excuses

 You know it's easy to get side tracked when facing an obstacle. So, it's important to identify potential obstacles in advance to make sure that you’re prepared for them. Today I am going to share 3 potential obstacles that I have identified for my fitness mission.  I will also share how I will overcome these challenges



Obstacle # 1 Time

Lack of time is probably a common hurdle most people face. I have used the “I don’t have time” excuse many times in the past. Just like most first time entrepreneurs I have a day job that dictates my schedule. And just like you I have various other commitments that leave very little room to exercise.

You see, to overcome this challenge I map out my training schedule weekly. And I do that by going through my schedule for the entire week and picking times that work best on each day. So a typical schedule would be something like on Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday I workout right after work and on Tuesday, Saturday,& Sunday I workout an hour after I wake up.

Since I don’t have time to cook, I make sure that my kitchen is stocked with items needed for my nutrition strategy. And as you might remember my nutrition strategy involves literally no cooking – maybe a little bit.

Obstacle # 2 Nutrition

I love eating different kinds of food so it’ll be hard sticking to my nutrition strategy. Good news is that the strategy will evolve as we go along, so I will get to eat all sorts of food.

To overcome this obstacle I had to overhaul my kitchen and get rid of all junk food and only have items that I need as per my nutrition strategy. Self-control does play a role but it's also important to avoid situations where “bad food” is easily accessible. I will still be able to eat out but in a very limited fashion.

Obstacle # 3 Patience

This is a bit of an odd one but let me explain. Just like most people I like to get results fast and when I don’t, it frustrates me and I give up.

This is why I set a target date. It's important to set a realistic target date because this way you won’t give up halfway through and throw away all the progress. I could have set a target to lose 36lbs in 2 months but that just wouldn’t help.

So there you have it. These are the 3 obstacles I identified but there could be more. I’ll be sure to share them as well. Have a wonderful week, and make sure you check out my next video.


Post a Comment

0 Comments