What should you eat before you workout?

 I tried Anti-Gravity Yoga at my gym this week and I have to say: It was a lot of fun! I felt a lot of stretching which was definitely needed. For the entire hour, you pretty much do stretching and strength training with fabric suspended by bars. My favorite part was hanging upside down and letting my entire body realign through the pull of gravity. I have a hip injury and today my hips have felt phenomenal. My appointment with a podiatrist to get a heel insert for my shoe isn’t for two weeks, so in the meantime I am going to keep up with this type of stretching and then foam rolling.



I want to try them for my half-marathon when I get to the hour mark. They are pretty much a shot of honey for energy. I read reviews on Amazon that said they were great! I may also try bringing my own homemade energy snacks.

A few days ago, as I was checking out at my local Whole Foods store, the cashier mentioned to me that his wife chews spearmint gum before working out so that she doesn’t get sick. I don’t chew gum before I workout, the thought makes me ill! I do have a list of foods I eat before I workout to give myself energy but also prevent any stomach ache.

Here are a few of the things I typically choose from:

– 1/2 cup organic Cottage Cheese with fruit

– Plain Oatmeal with some blueberries and a dash of cinnamon

– Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding

– Whole Grain Fig Bar (non GMO by Nature’s Bakery)

– 1/2 Homemade Larabar

– Greek Yogurt and fresh fruit or berries topped with blueberry flaxseed or chia seeds

– 1/4 cup dry Homemade Granola (not too much because I don’t want to make myself sick!)

I don’t do smoothies in the mornings because they always leave me feeling too full or with an upset stomach. I would love to get more ideas for pre workout breakfasts and things to eat while running! What do you eat before you workout OR during exercise?

Now for my real topic of the day: workout foods. I was at my local runners store this afternoon and they had fruits and a workout diet.


Post a Comment

0 Comments